Monday, November 12, 2012

Say HEY! I LOVE U!

by

This week's Monday Music Pick is a cheerful, sunny kind of song - it's been in my head all weekend, thanks to my office mate, Lizz, who was singing it all day on Friday.

I hope you enjoy the song and that it lifts you out of this cold, windy, rainy Monday!


This one goes out to you and yours, worldwide

I say, hey, I be gone todayBut I be back around the waySeems like everywhere I goThe more I see, the less I knowBut I know one thing that I love you, baby girlI love you, I love you, I love you

I've been a lot of places all around the wayI've seen a lot of joy, and I've seen a lot of painBut I don't want to write a love song for the worldI just want to write a song about a boy and a girl

Junkies on the corner, always calling my nameAnd the kids on the corner playing ghetto gamesWhen I saw you getting down, girl, I hoped it was youAnd when I looked into your eyes, I knew it was true

I say, hey, I be gone todayBut I be back around the waySeems like everywhere I goThe more I see, the less I knowBut I know one thing that I love you, baby girlI love you, I love you, I love you

Now I'm not a highly metaphysical manBut I know when the stars are aligned you canBump into a person in the middle of the roadLook into their eyes, and you suddenly know

Rocking in the dance hall, moving with youDancing in the night in the middle of JuneMy momma told me don't lose you'Cause the best luck I had was you

I say, hey, I be gone todayBut I be back around the wayIt seems like everywhere I goThe more I see, the less I knowBut I know one thing that I love you, baby girlI love you, I love you, I love you

And I say, rocking in the dance, hall moving with youI say, hey momma, hey momma, close to youRocking in the dance hall, moving with youI say, hey, trippa, trippa, got to shoot

Rocking in the dance hall, moving with youI say, hey momma, close to youRocking in the dance hall, moving with youI say, hey momma, hey momma, hey momma, hey mommaHey momma, hey momma, hey momma, hey momma

My momma told me don't lose you'Cause the best luck I had was youAnd I know one thing that I love you

I say, hey, I be gone todayBut I'll be back around the wayIt seems like everywhere I goThe more I see, the less I know

I say, hey, I be gone todayBut I'll be back around the wayIt seems like everywhere I goThe more I see, the less I knowBut I know one thing that I love you, baby girlI love you, I love you, I love you

I love you, I love you, I love youI love you, I love you, I love youI love you, I love you, I love you

Rocking in the dance hall, moving with youI say, hey papa, hey papa, hey momma, hey mommaRocking in the dance hall, moving with youCome on, hey papa, hey papa, come to shoot(Hey mama, hey mama)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and interact with other Fun-see Muncie readers!