Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day build-up: A Favorite Love Song: Big Blue Frog

I'm in Love with a Big Blue Frog!



This was one of my favorite songs as a child. My best friend, Lori, and I would sing at the top of our lungs and giggle through all the lyrics. It not only brings back good memories, I have always thought it represents a true summary of this mystical and magical thing we call "LOVE". Why? Well, because truly, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" if you are in love with a BIG BLUE FROG!

The song first became famous with the 1960's pop group, Peter, Paul, and Mary



Then it was revised with the Muppets


Both versions are fun.
Check them out and follow along with the lyrics below.



I'm in love with a big blue frog,
A big blue frog loves me.
It's not as bad as it appears
He wears glasses and he's six foot three.

Well I'm not worried about our kids,
I know they'll turn out neat.
They'll be great lookin' 'cause they'll have my face,
great swimmers 'cause they'll have his feet! 

Well I'm in love with a big blue frog,
A big blue frog loves me.
He's not as bad as he appears,
He's got rhythm and a PhD. 

Well I know we can make things work
He's got good fam'ly sense.
His mother was a frog from Philadelphia
His daddy an enchanted prince. 

The neighbors are against it and it's clear to me
And it's prob'ly clear to you
They think value on their property will go right down
If the family next door is blue. 

Well I'm in love with a big blue frog
A big blue frog loves me
I've got it tattooed on my chest
It says P.H.R.O.G. (It's frog to me!)
P.H.R.O.G.



Note: This week I will be posting something every day that leads up to Valentine's Day. Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and interact with other Fun-see Muncie readers!